MPAQ has partnered with other registered training organisations (RTOs) to deliver courses and training you might need. We encourage you to contact the RTOs directly to find out more about these courses.
Install Medical Gas Pipelines
CPCPMS3034 Install Medical Gas Pipelines
The accurate and safe installation of medical gas pipelines systems is critical to patient safety and to prevent life threatening situations. This course is designed for existing registered and/or licensed plumbers. It focuses on safe and compliant installation of medical gas systems.
NOTE: This course is for medical gas installation NOT for medical gas design.
Completion of this course enables the student to:
- Check configuration of medical gas pipeline system for compliance with plans or specifications, standards and authorities’ requirements.
- Display skills to measure, locate, set out and install medical gas pipelines and terminal units to AS 2896 – 2011 including brazing techniques.
- Theory of testing medical gas pipeline systems to comply with the job specification, regulatory authorities’ requirements, standards and Codes of Practice, and details recorded in the format required.
- Apply safety and quality assurance requirements and demonstrate effective work methods relevant to medical gas pipeline installations.
This course is delivered by the Service Trades College Australia (TSTCA) RTO Code 31239. For all course enquiries please contact TSTCA directly on 07 3255 5698.
This information is provided for the convenience of members to help you identify possible providers of training.
MPAQ does not have any involvement with these courses or their delivery. All course enquiries for this course must be directed to the RTO delivering the course.
Restricted Electrical Licence
Restricted Electrical Licence
The Restricted Electrical Licence Course is designed for non-electrical trades that are required to do incidental electrical work for their trade/qualifications. The onsite training is held in Brendale in North Brisbane, Queensland. Whilst BizMatrix offers the full range of units (see below) students only need to complete units as listed on their training permit based on their trade.
As a special offer to MPAQ Members, Bizmatrix is providing a free logbook day valued at $265 when members register for the Restricted Electrical Licence Course.
Those who hold a Restricted Electrical Permit (obtained through the Queensland Electrical Safety Office), plus have a base trade or calling (as listed in the full guide by the Electrical Safety Office found here) or have evidence of 3 years or more of unstructured experience are eligible to apply for this training course.
These units are selected from the UEE30811 Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician.
You are eligible to apply for the Restricted Electrical Licence Permit if you have either of the following:
- You have a current eligible trade licence or qualification (Certificate III level) OR
- You have evidence of three (3) years minimum experience of work in area of licence
- There is a need to do incidental electrical work for my job. (This will be limited by the need and the listed eligibility scope)
You will need a copy of the permit before you can commence training.
Please note, while we offer all the units below, students will only need to complete units as listed on their training permit based on their trade.
- UEECD0007 Apply Occupational Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace
- UEERL0003 Conduct in-service safety testing of electrical cord connected equipment and cord assemblies
- UEERL0004 Disconnect - reconnect electrical equipment connected to low voltage (LV) installation wiring
- UEERL0005 Locate and rectify faults in low voltage (LV) electrical equipment using set procedures
- UEERL0001 Attach cords and plugs to electrical equipment for connection to a single phase 230 Volt supply
- UEERL0002 Attach cords, cables, and plugs to electrical equipment for connection to 1000 V a.c. or 1500 V d.c.
This course is delivered by Bizmatrix. For further information, please contact Bizmatrix on 1300 588 749.
This information is provided for the convenience of members to help you identify possible providers of training. MPAQ does not have any involvement with these courses or their delivery. All course enquiries for this course must be directed to the RTO delivering the course.