More about the MPAQ Plumbing Specific contracts - members can watch the webinar presented by Ian Heathwood from Cornwalls on Tuesday 27 March 2018 by clicking here.
Definition of a contract
A contract is a legally binding or valid agreement between two parties. The law will consider a contract to be valid if the agreement contains all of the following elements:
- offer and acceptance;
- an intention between the parties to create binding relations;
- consideration to be paid for the promise made;
- legal capacity of the parties to act;
- genuine consent of the parties; and
- legality of the agreement.
An agreement that lacks one or more of the elements listed above is not a valid contract.
MPAQ have a suite of employment contract templates available for members only.
These templates provide an extended range of important employment related information to help you in managing your employer-employee relationship. The templates have been developed to cover full time, part time and casual employees, and cover tradespersons and clerical.
Click Here to access more information about employment contracts (MEMBERS ONLY).
Whether you’re building a house, carrying out a renovation, or you just need a written agreement between you and your subcontractors, MPAQ members can purchase digital and, for the Contract for Domestic Works, printed contracts in the MPAQ Online Shop.
The MPAQ Plumbing Specific contracts have been created in conjunction with Cornwalls with plumbers in mind. They have undergone extensive industry consultation and testing to ensure they are specifically suited for plumbers in Queensland. These contracts have been designed specifically for MPAQ members and should not be used or passed on to Non-Members. To avoid any copying of the contracts, each purchased contract will be watermarked with your company logo or name prior to it being sent out.
To purchase the MPAQ Plumbing Specific Contracts, Click Here (MEMBERS ONLY).
- Contract for Domestic Works - for once-off domestic work completed by an MPAQ member, this can be used when completing work for a home owner. This contract is available in digital or printed formats (printed version comes in a book with 10 forms). Click here to view the definition of Domestic Works (MEMBERS ONLY).
- Contract for Plumbing Services - for once-off non-domestic works completed by an MPAQ member, this can be used when completing work for a builder or real estate for an example. This contract is available in a digital format.
- Subcontract for Plumbing and Associated Works - for the once-off engagement of a Subcontractor by an MPAQ member. This contract is available in a digital format.
- Master Contract - for MPAQ members supplying ongoing Plumbing Services for a client (multiple jobs for one client like a builder or a real estate). This contract comes with a contract, which gets filled out once per client, and a purchase order, which gets filled out once per job for the client you have the Master Contract in place with. This contract is available in a digital format.
- Master Subcontract - for the ongoing engagement of a Subcontractor by an MPAQ member. This contract comes with a subcontract, which gets filled out once per subcontractor, and a purchase order, which gets filled out once per job that the subcontractor you have the Master Subcontract in place with completes. This subcontract is available in a digital format.
- Work Contract - COMPLETE PACKAGE
This package includes:
- All work contracts:
- Master Contract
- Master Subcontract
- Subcontract for Plumbing or Associated Works
- Contract for Plumbing Services
- Contract for Domestic Works (digital)
- All work contracts:
For more information on contracts please contact the MPAQ Workplace Relations team on 07 3273 0800 or email email@example.com.
Whilst all care has been taken to ensure the accuracy, completeness and currency of the template contracts as at April 2019, MPAQ and Cornwalls Law, the law firm which produced it, do not warrant that the documents will be suitable for your particular purposes. You should seek legal advice as to the suitability of this document for your particular circumstances. To check the suitability or for any adaptions required to suit your purposes, contact Cornwalls on 3223 5942. If you do not do so, neither MPAQ or Cornwalls accepts any liability arising from your use of the template.