All students doing any nationally recognised training, need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). The Unique Student Identifier or USI is a reference number made up of 10 numbers and letters that:
- Creates a secure online record of your recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, even from different training organisations
- Will give you access to your training records and transcripts
- Can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere
- Is free and easy to create and stays with you for life
Your USI must be provided to and verified by MPAQ before a student can be issued with, or receive, a statement of attainment.
If you already have a USI, this must be provided to MPAQ during enrolment, upon completing the enrolment form, consent is requested for MPAQ to apply for a USI on your behalf. If a USI is created by MPAQ on your behalf you will be notified of this via email or SMS from the USI Registry.
MPAQ requires one of the following documents below to create and/or verify your USI:
- Australian Driver’s Licence
- Australian Passport
- Australian Visa (with non-Australian passport)
- Australian Birth Certificate
If you don’t have one of the above documents you can use one of the following:
- Medicare Card
- Certificate of Registration by Descent
- Citizenship Certificate
The personal details on the enrolment form must match your Identification. When creating the USI, it will be created as per the information displayed on the Identification. If the details on the enrolment form and USI do not match MPAQ will be unable to verify the USI. MPAQ is not able to Issue your qualification or certificate without your USI being verified first.
The following details are used to create your USI:
- First Name and Family Name
- Date of Birth
- Country of Birth
- Town/City of Birth
- Mobile Number and/or email address.