Service Type A Gas Appliances
Please note: MPAQ takes the health and wellbeing of all of our students, members, community and staff very seriously, especially in light of the COVID-19 crisis. Health and safety is our top priority and as a result, we have made the decision to resume our face-to-face training courses with class sizes limited to 10 students. Additional safety measures and protocols will also be put in place for anyone attending our training courses in order to protect our staff and students. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the MPAQ Training department on 07 3273 0800 or email email@example.com.
CPCPGS4022A - Service Type A Gas Appliances
This is an accredited five day course that is one of the four Certificate IV units required to transition from an interim gas licence to a full gas licence in Queensland.
This course covers current relevant legislation and content relating to Type A Gas appliances in addition to offering both classroom and practical based learning. Specifically, it covers the skills and knowledge required to diagnose and rectify faults whilst servicing and commissioning Type A Gas Appliances and their components. This unit includes conducting leak testing procedures and testing and commissioning appliances in the workplace.
- Completion of a Certificate III in Plumbing or Certificate III in Gas Fitting.
- Students must hold an Interim Gas Licence issued by the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy.
- Work associated with this unit is undertaken within the scope of AS/NZS 5601:2013 Part 1 Gas installations and local licensing requirements (gas, electrical and plumbing). All participants are also required to possess a copy the following Australian Standards (including all amendments) in order to commence the course*:
- AS/NZS5601.1 2013
- AS/NZS5601.2 2013
- AS/NZS1596 2014
- AS/NZS4575 2019
Unique Student Identifier
Student must also possess a valid USI.
From 1 January 2015 all learners undertaking Nationally Accredited Training must possess a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI). The USI is a specific number which allows learners to access their training records and results at any time. If learners do not possess a valid USI while undertaking accredited training they will be unable to receive a Statement of Attainment.
For more information about the USI, and to create your USI please click HERE or contact MPAQ on 07 3273 0800.
This course is delivered over 40 hours (generally 5 consecutive 8-hour days) face to face in a classroom setting.
This course requires a theoretical assessment and a practical assessment be completed on site while supervised by the MPAQ trainer.
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Apply safety and quality assurance requirements and demonstrate effective work methods relevant to Type A gas appliances
- Disassemble and assemble Type A gas appliances
- Diagnose and remedy electrical and electronic circuitry faults
- Diagnose and remedy gas system faults on Type A gas appliances
- Convert Type A gas appliances to another gas type
- Identify and complete all relevant documentation.
On successful completion of this course learners will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment.
Members: $1,295* (GST Free)
Associate Members: $1,615.50* (GST Free)
Non-members: $1,795* (GST Free)
* Course Subsidies may be available.
Please note: if the cost of the course is over $1,500, the $1,500 will need to be paid upfront and the balance of payment will need to be paid on the 1st day of the course.
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) is an independent industry funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
Below is the course code and title and the maximum funding amount available to eligible participants:
|Short Course Code and Title||
Max. Amount Funded
|CPCPGS4022A - Service Type A Gas Appliances||$750.00|
Additional fees may apply for the process of applying for your full Gas licence in Queensland. These fees and charges will be incurred from the Department of Natural Resources and Mines and any issues with these fees should be raised directly with them.
|Date & Time||Location|
|Monday 21 September - Friday 25 September 2020
8:00am - 4:30pm
|Plumbing Industry House
11/243 Bradman Street
Acacia Ridge Qld 4110
Download and complete an enrolment form or call 07 3273 0800!
Please send completed enrolment forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.