Advocacy and Representation
Your Trade. Your Association. Your Voice.
The Master Plumbers’ Association of Queensland (MPAQ) is the peak body representing Queensland’s plumbing industry. As the only plumbing industry association for Queensland plumbing professionals, we represent the interests of the plumbing industry at both state and national levels.
MPAQ has the vision, commitment, strength and determination to:
- Be a united voice on plumbing industry issues;
- Provide excellent quality membership services; and
- Promote and recognise outstanding plumbing industry standards whilst simultaneously targeting undesirable plumbing practices.
Our significant membership base means that we have political and lobbying strength, as well as the ability to advocate policy to all key stakeholders. We are also in a position to highlight the pivotal role that plumbing professionals play in the living standards of all Australians.
We are committed to regional member representation, and as such have a strategic focus of engagement with all of our members throughout Queensland. By working from a regional to a state structure, MPAQ is able to build on our members’ needs, and ensure that their input is heard.
MPAQ also develops and advocates policy recognising the importance of the plumbing industry to all Queenslanders. We steadfastly communicate the views and policies of our members by actively contributing to enquiries and forums that impact on the plumbing sector.
Boards and Committees
MPAQ represents our members on the following boards and committees:
- Service Trades Council – Chair
- Complex Licensing Panel – Chair
- QLeave – Portable long service leave – Director
- Construction Skills Queensland – Director
- Services Trades College – Director
- Master Plumbers Australia – Director, Alternate Director and Secretariat
- Plumbing Codes committee
- Various Standards committees
- QBCC stakeholder Advisory Committee
- Fire Working Party
- Small Business Industry Stakeholder Committee