Construction Skills Queensland Small Business
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) is an independent industry funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
Under the Construction Skills Queensland's (CSQ) Small Business Program 2020-21, which runs from 1 October 2020 to 30 September 2021, eligible participants must own or be an employee of an Eligible Building and Construction Small Business (less than 20 employees).
Below is a list of the course names and the maximum funding amount available to eligible participants:
|Course Title||Max. Amount Funded
|Core Skills Course - Cyber Security Awareness||$77.00|
|Core Skills Course - Social Media Etiquette||$77.00|
|Core Skills Course - Basic Estimating and Calculating at Work||$77.00|
|Core Skills Course - Using Digital Technology in the Workplace||$77.00|
|Core Skills Course - How to Respond to Problems in the Workplace||$77.00|
|Core Skills Course - Interact Effectively in the Workplace||$77.00|
|Contracts for Plumbing Businesses Course||$220.00|
|MPAQ Keep Your Cash Flowing Workshop - Cairns, Wide Bay, Sunshine Coast, Brisbane||$180.00|
|More course details coming soon...|
To be eligible for Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) Small Business Program 2020-21, students must meet the following eligibility requirements and pay full course fees prior to completing the course. Evidence will be required to prove elgibility.
Eligible participants under this program:
- must be:
- an owner of an Eligible Building and Construction Small Business (see details below); or
- an employee of an Eligible Building and Construction Small Business who is directly involved in the day to day running of the business.
- and must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen; or
- a permanent resident of Australia; or
- a holder of a refugee or humanitarian visa.
- and must:
- permanently reside in Queensland; or
- be permanently employed in Queensland.
Eligible Building and Construction Small Business means a business with 20 or less employees that conducts building and construction work in the Queensland Building and Construction Industry and is based in Queensland.
Building and Construction Industry has the same meaning as the Building and Construction Industry (Portable Long Services Leave) Act 1991 (Qld) as amended from time to time.
NON Eligible participants under this program are:
- an employee of any Authority (excluding employees of an Indigenous Council that is a Principal Contractor); or
- currently enrolled and participating in a school program; or
- a contracted trainer and assessor or existing worker of an RTO; or
- funded by an Authority or such other source for delivery of the same Training being undertaken as part of this Program; or
- other individuals that do not meet Participant Eligibility as prescribed above.
Upon your registration for a course funded by the CSQ Small Business Program, your eligibility will need to be confirmed. Once confirmed the maximum funding amount for that particular course will be applied to your registration costs automatically. If there is any balance remaining, this must be paid upfront.
If you would like to discuss CSQ funding in more detail, please contact the MPAQ Training Department on 07 3273 0800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.