Construction Skills Queensland Short Courses
Construction Skills Queensland is an independent, not-for-profit, industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices, trainees and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
CSQ provides funding to reduce the financial obstacle to training, making upskilling an affordable option for many more individuals in the construction industry.
CSQ-funded training is delivered by a range of selected registered training organisations (RTOs) across Queensland.
CSQ contributes towards the cost of courses to reduce the cost to participants. CSQ funding is paid directly to the contracted RTO, generally between 75% and 100% of course costs.
Under the Construction Skills Queensland's (CSQ) Short Courses Program 2020-21, which runs from 1 October 2020 to 30 September 2021, each eligible participant is able to access up to eight (8) CSQ funded Short Courses - General Construction.
Below is a list of the short course unit codes and names and the maximum funding amount available to eligible participants:
|Short Course Code||Short Course Title||Max. Amount Funded
|QLD334SWH01A||Evaluate and plan the installation of solar water heating systems||$371.00|
|CMBPDRV001||Revalidation Course Commission and Maintain Backflow Prevention Devices||$206.00|
|BSBSMB401||Establish Legal and Risk Management Requirements of Small Business||$360.00|
|CPCPWT4022A||Commission & Maintain Backflow Prevention Devices||$462.00|
|CPCPWT4023A||Commission & Maintain Hot & Heated Water Temperature Control Devices||$354.00|
|CPCPGS4022A||Service Type A Gas Appliances||$750.00|
|CPCPGS4011C||Design and Size Consumer Gas Installations||$480.00|
|CPCPCM4012A||Estimate and Cost Work||$417.00|
|CPCPCM4011A||Carry out Work-Based Risk Control Processes||$430.00|
|LMBWS1||Legionella Management in Building Water Systems||$285.00|
To be eligible for Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) Short Courses Program 2020-21, students must meet the following eligibility requirements and pay full course fees upfront.
Eligible participants under this program:
- must be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen; or
- a permanent resident of Australia; or
- a holder of a refugee or humanitarian visa.
- and must:
- permanently reside in Queensland; or
- be permanently employed in Queensland.
- and must be:
- an existing worker; and
- an eligible worker; or
- an unemployed eligible worker.
- and must not be:
- an employee of any Authority (excluding employees of an Indigenous Council that is a Principal Contractor); or
- eligible under the CSQ Apprentice Advance+ Program; or
- currently enrolled and participating in a school program; or
- a contracted trainer and assessor or existing worker of an RTO; or
- already funded by an Authority or other such source for delivery of the same training being undertaken as part of this program; or
- previously been funded under this program for eight (8) short courses in the same program period.
Once your course has been completed, eligibility confirmed and funding approved you will receive a refund for the CSQ funded amount.
If you would like to discuss CSQ funding in more detail, please contact the MPAQ Training Department on 07 3273 0800 or email email@example.com.