MPAQ members can access workplace relations advice and information by contacting the Workplace Relations team.
The Workplace Relations team offer the following services:
- Wages advice on a number of different Awards (Plumbing and Fire Sprinklers Award, Building and Construction General On-site Award, Clerks – Private Sector Award, General Retail Industry Award and any other Award);
- Interpreting clauses in an Award (eg Fares and Travel allowances);
- Apprentice information (eg How to Employ an Apprentice and incentives for putting on an apprentice);
- Performance management and disciplinary issues with employees (eg drafting of warning and termination letters);
- Recruitment enquires (eg drafting SEEK ad’s, recruiting on behalf of members);
- Termination of employment (eg advising members on what steps to take, sitting in on terminations);
- Any Fair Work issues (eg responding and representation in Unfair Dismissal conciliation conferences).
The Workplace Relations team can also offer specialised one-on-one services to our members including:
- Reviewing and drafting of employment contracts and policies and procedures;
- Negotiation, review and approval of workplace agreements;
- Representation in proceedings of unfair dismissal, workplace discrimination or harassment or other workplace relations and equal employment opportunity matters;
- Coaching on performance management and disciplinary matters, the management of ill and injured workers and recruitment selection;
- Assistance with termination of employment, including redundancy and transmission of business issues;
- Incident investigations (eg responding to complaints of harassment or bullying); and
- Provision of onsite HR/IR resources – yes, we will come to you!
Remember HR advice is part of your MPAQ membership.
Please note: Members in the Sole Operator membership category will not be able to view Workplace Relation information on the MPAQ website. If you need to update your membership category and access workplace relations information, please contact MPAQ for information or email your change of membership category request in writing to email@example.com. Otherwise, just contact the Workplace Relations team on 07 3273 0800 and we will be more than happy to help you!